Smoking and winning

Smoking and winning

Monday, January 12, 2015

We are Charlie... Some of us anyway #JeSuisCharlie!

My beautiful city last week went through a devastating terrorist attack. An amazing moment happened over the weekend and Paris showed that they will also not stand for this. I'm from Boston and was in town the day of the bombings and ran Boston last year. As people we shouldn't stand for these horrible acts. Now that I've said that I read some posts on Facebook that threw me. Most days you can find something stupid said on Facebook but this was mind blowing! Someone wanted to sell their bib number or defer for Paris because they were scared. What the hell?
Really! That's the golden ticket if you ask me. This marathon is one of the top 3 in the world and this idiot wants to sell their bib number? News Flash; all of the major marathon's are in large cities. They have all had attacks! If you go to a major city there is a chance something might happen. You actually have a better chance of getting in a car accident and dying on the way to the airport (dumb and dumber! Love that movie!). This marathon sold out in days! It's not one of those races that ship you out to the middle of nowhere and have you run back (Boston), it's in the most beautiful F&*king city in the world! Why the hell would you give that up just because something happened!
Of course this is exactly what these evil people want. They want to instill terror. We should all descend on that amazing city and run in solidarity! Maybe because I'm from Boston that I have this view. Maybe I also just refuse to back down. I've dreamed of this city my whole life and can't imagine giving it up! No one is going to scare me into not running this race. Plus I've started this crazy training plan, got luggage, wrote every damn day I'm going....
Truth is, I want to run this race even more now. Show are Parisian friends that we stand with you (even if you hate us:). I'm still pumped and won't stop getting ready for this crazy trip of a lifetime! In less than 3 months I'm going to my dream land despite what has happened. My heart goes out those poor victims and their families. Their lives were cut too short and cannot live out the rest of their dreams. So off to Paris I go in 89 days! Viva la France!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment