Smoking and winning

Smoking and winning

Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Something's going wrong.... An early Valentine's day letter to my internal organs!

Dear Intestines,
We've been through a lot together. We have cried. We have laughed. We have danced and we have ran. We have had too much food. We have had way too much to drink. We have performed and we have completed two of the worlds biggest marathons. We are about to conquer one of the top three in the world. I no longer kill you with bad food like cookies, cake and mac & cheese from Kraft. I feed you healthy, organic food. I no longer put awful beer like Budwiser or even worse, Mad dog 20/20! We consume water and almond milk. I have given my life to running to keep you healthy. I have stopped dancing. SO Why the hell do you feel the need to play mosh pit when I push it on a run!
Look internal organs... I have bad news for you guys. This isn't going to stop! I'm sorry you inhabited a body with a brain that is Bat Shit crazy, but get over it. Clearly we aren't stopping. Even when you decide to play House of Pain and "Jump Around", I keep going! Read the sign "Homey Don't Play That!" I will get a sock with a tennis ball and hit you if you feel the need to continue. We only have 2 months to Paris and you need to cut the shit! Spending my nights laying on the bathroom floor unable to move is not how I see my life. I understand your excited once we get a good pace going but this is just ludicrous. I will not be slowed down due to your inability to to stay put.
I know this is a common injury, but it concerns me. I've never been this fast but I question my new found pace. Is my fastest 8:30 without getting ill? Do I just push it and be okay with being horribly sick after the run? I don't want to be discouraged but I'm getting a little scared. I'm not even sure how to prevent this from happening. All of the literature suggests rest. That's fine, but why does it keep happening? I can't seem to find any answers. Maybe once my body is used to the speed and intensity I'll be set. Maybe I should just be cool with a little blood loss. Either way, with only two months left and my impending long run, I guess I have no choice. 2 months to my epic Parisian adventure that hopefully will no longer be sidelined due to having intestines who act like teenagers!

No comments:

Post a Comment