Smoking and winning

Smoking and winning

Sunday, September 7, 2014

Boys and running...


I started running to lose weight. I decided to run a marathon to prove something. I continue to run because it sets me free. Any runner and about a million images on google search will tell you running is therapeutic. If you you type in a search there are more life quotes on running than images of the actor John Hamm's package. When I started running I was dealing with boy issues. I'm not going to elaborate on these issues because he didn't decide to go marathon crazy and start a blog, outing him isn't fair. I was determined to get down to a certain size and running has always been a sure fire way to help with a good diet to drop pounds. Unfortunately I became obsessed with the process and things took a turn for the worse. Once I started training for the marathon it became about proving him wrong and showing everyone what I was capable of. During training something crazy started happening. Slowly it started to become about me. I enjoyed pushing myself to the limit. I started to live for the long run. I also started to become more confident in myself. Once I ran my first marathon I realized it had become my journey. It was no longer about what he thought or any other guy, it became about what I thought. I started to walk with my head held higher and my posture a little straighter. I was no longer the little girl who had a broken heart who started running but, I was a marathon runner. The day this guy congratulated me, it took everything out of me not to cry my eyes out (plus it was at work and I would have looked like an ass)! Now I realize my self worth and what I deserve. Sure I have insecurities but who doesn't? At the end of the day I still believe he's out there but until I find him I always have the run! When I do find him, he's going to have to be totally cool with Sunday mornings by himself and the smell of sweaty running clothes. So ladies no matter what keep your head held high and run on!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment