Smoking and winning

Smoking and winning

Thursday, September 25, 2014

Running and Makeup.... Waterproof or Marathon Proof!

Sexy isn't it! This is a photo of me right after I took my first 20 mile run. I was so excited and half out of it I put this on my Facebook page. Clearly I should have thought twice about that. I'm someone who has loved makeup since I was a teen. I have always been someone trying the latest drug store eyeliners, eyeshadows, blushes and foundations. I love to find new colors, experiment with the latest eyliner techniques and lip glosses. I'm someone who never goes out the house without at least some mascara. So when I started running this became a problem. Many products claim they are waterproof, but are they 26.2 miles proof.
The answer is even if they are the more expensive products, no. I have tried so many different products and none of them stay put. I also have the problem of sweating like pig in even the coldest conditions. During the winter months I would take off my hat and my hair would be wet. So this poses a problem, How does a girly girl like myself look her best on race day? With my previous two marathons, after the clear catastrophe above, I went natural. I figured maybe now is not the time to have a full mask on. Boston was sunny so I hid behind sun glasses and Wakefield was a t night so no one could see or cared at 1 am. New York is just a short time away and if it is overcast in the earl morning, I can't hide behind sun glasses.
So I've experimented with a few more brands on the pricey side. I've some luck with an eyeliner but I still need to find a mascara. It's a tough job and looking real funny afterwards is no bueno! Especially since I run after work and always seem to bump into people when I try to slip in the back door. What you learn is there is no back door in a hospital and you always run into people when you don't look your best! A little over a month until NYC and I will find make up even if it means many more awkward running selfies!

No comments:

Post a Comment