Smoking and winning

Smoking and winning

Tuesday, September 16, 2014

The end of sandals! No pedicures anytime soon!!


They say a dancer has the worst feet. I'm here to tell you that's a load of crap. I have never had good looking feet. My feet have always resembled potatoes. Short, pudgy and round have always been the best adjectives to describe the shoe boxes that connect to my cankles. When I was a dancer they were bad but never as bad as a runner. I have lost all ten toenails at some point, huge blisters and cuts that bleed with every step. Yet everyday I tape them up and by mile 2 I no longer feel them. People on the train always stare when I'm wearing flip flops. I'm always thinking "if your feet looked liked this, clearly I'm in a little pain here!" Wearing open toe heels are completely out of the question. Let's get on a cute dress, makeup and a good blow out and then let the world see the ugly piggies! That sounds real bright! I always thought maybe I am wearing the wrong shoes, but after some investigation, clearly this is part of the territory. After both marathons I got huge blisters. I had two different styles of shoes and had identical foot issues. Maybe I just have bad feet, but at the end of the day these two little potatoes get me to the finish line in relative comfort. Good bye my lovely sandals and heels, you shall be missed. Luckily it's the fall and the cold weather is coming! I won't be the only person in full flats on a warm summer day! 7 weeks to NYC!! My ugly feet will grace the five boroughs very soon!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment