Smoking and winning

Smoking and winning

Friday, October 17, 2014

An American Runner in Paris!

Every girly girl dreams of Paris! The fashion, the culture, the shoes and the art. Paris has always been my dream city... Now I'm going to make it a reality! Marathon de Paris is one of the big spring marathons along side of London and none other than Boston. Last spring I ran the big bad Boston. I've ran my home city In a few weeks I'll run my favorite city. In less than one years time I will run my dream city. I figured it would be the best way to finish out a life changing year.
The marathon de Paris is unlike any other course. You run by all the landmarks and end at the Arc de Triumph. Perfect place to end! The course is a little tougher than NYC, but no where near the grueling Boston. Many avid marathon runners have claimed this was their favorite just do to the scenery. The city shuts down on that spring afternoon and is an affair not to be missed. Plus a week in Paris will be the perfect end to a year of intense training! Of course, the Kenyans will be there, 50,000 field size and the normal nerves of a race. It's another chance to try to become a qualifier and another medal for the wall. It's still a marathon and of course I will want to get the best time. To personal best in Paris would be the ultimate goal. This also means winter training. Snow running, here I come. Plus another 20 mile run on the Boston course.
Walking around like Carrie Bradshaw in my Manolo's will most likely be out but an adorable dress with cute flats will suffice. To finally see the sights and take this city by storm is a dream come true and a gift to myself for all the hard work I've put in for health. Spring time in Paris is going to be beautiful and an experience I will cherish for a lifetime. Plus visiting Dior, Christian Louboutin and Chanel... Priceless!! When I signed up and saw my bib, got a Little teary eyed. Right now though the task at hand is NYC!! Time to takeover the city and all 5 boroughs!




No comments:

Post a Comment