Smoking and winning

Smoking and winning

Sunday, November 30, 2014

Paris training blues...


So it has begun again. It's hard to explain but I'm going to give it a try. The weeks before a huge race are filled with nerves, excitement and toe tape. The in between time is filled with fear and self doubt. They say it takes about 4 weeks to truly recover from a marathon. Now that I'm 4 weeks out from NYC, the fear for Paris has set in. 
You worry about your pace time, injuries and diet. It's a mental game mostly. After running 3, I've learned it's all in the head. The months are filled with good runs, bad runs, good days and bad days. They are filled with self doubt and nerves. This time it's also filled with outfit planning, learning the language and planning my first Parisian adventure. Good is coming with the bad this time. It's exciting knowing I'm finally going to Paris but, the fear of a race is also present. Plus still being in the holiday season and having eating issues isn't helping. So how do I stay in the game? 
It feels like the battle has just begun and the fight will be epic. With less than 5 months to go the goal is endurance training and not lose my shit! More miles, faster speed runs and get excited for the most epic race... Paris!! Every girls dream!

No comments:

Post a Comment