Smoking and winning

Smoking and winning

Monday, December 8, 2014

Holiday parties and training... What to wear, keep on track and be up for long run


Ah yes... The inevitable holiday party season has begun. Dresses, heels and alcohol are all on the menu this time of year.  I avoided these like the plague but, this year for the first time, I've decided to go. I've decided to to go to uncharted waters of holiday party land. So the question is, how do I stay on track with training?
Every girl does not want to look like a frumpy mess. What goes with holiday dresses... Heels! My feet are funky shaped to begin with but add in some running and it's a problem. Good thing it's winter because open toe is a no go. Also calf muscle strain scares me. I'm short and I want to be tall. Picking a cute pair of heels that will not possibly cause injury is a tough task. It's probably going to involve trying on every damn pair in the store. Short or midi dress is also the question? I have bulky runners legs and I'm not quite sure what looks good on my body anymore. Coming in showing off the he-man legs doesn't sound like a great idea. Plus heels make your calf muscles stick out. Not really feeling that look. Trying to be work appropriate but look cute is a tall order.
Food and alcohol are another problem. Showing up fashionably late will stave off the food problem but alcohol is another story. Everyone will be offering drinks and I'll be politely declining the whole night. My hope is everyone is drunk by the time I show up and they won't notice. 
I'm sure everything will be fine. New settings pose anxiety in this little runner. The good news is that my work knows about my journey and none of this will probably be an issue. There is also a personal reason (boys), but that's boring:). Paris is not that far away and an injury now will definitely derail progress so here's hoping I make it. Plus getting dressed up is always fun! 125 days until the ultimate experience of marathon de Paris!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment