Smoking and winning

Smoking and winning

Friday, December 12, 2014

So exactly when can you call yourself a runner?

I've always wondered this. At what point can you call yourself a runner. I've always felt like if you put on sneakers and go out for a run, your a runner. Distance, pace time and number of races shouldn't matter, but if you get up and run, then your a runner. Many do not share this idea, in fact there are maybe way to many iseas on the subject.
I've heard that your not a runner if you haven't ran a full 5k yet. I've even heard the extreme of if you have not done a marathon. Some people never enter a race. They just go out everyday and run. Does this make them less of a runner. Races are expensive and if you get out there and do it, then why aren't you a runner? Why if you only can run a mile does that make you any less than someone who can run 26.2 miles. We all started somewhere and every mile counts. I've seen countless articles where runners believe that all marathons should have a cut off of 6 hours. Personally, who cares how long it takes, you still ran a marathon! I think if it takes that long there is a lot more heart and soul in the journey because that's a long time to be running. I would want to stop for lunch or something. To never give up like that, that's amazing to me.
for 95% of marathon runners this is purely recreational. We do it for the love of the sport, no one is sponsoring us, we actually pay to do this. How does that not make us a runner? We love it so much we train on our own time and pay our hard earned money to do it? Running any race distance is money spent that easily could have gone to other things. So why is that person less than the other? Personally speaking we are all runners if you put the time, effort and heart into day in and day out. It's passion most think is bat shit crazy but we love it and all deserve the title no matter if your fast or slow, long or short distance and every body type. If you ran a mile, you ran circles around everyone on the couch:).
I'm not sure if people would call me a runner, but no matter what, everyday my butt is out on the streets running. Just dreaming of Paris and staying in the zone. Maybe I'm just a girl who runs but that's fine with me because this girl is going to Paris! 123 days until this little nut runs around the most beautiful city in the world. 21118 will be in the blue wave grinning like an idiot and seeing her dream for the first time. Even if I'm not a runner yet I'll run like the wind!

No comments:

Post a Comment