Smoking and winning

Smoking and winning

Saturday, December 27, 2014

Winter running is harsh on the skin... Makeup!


Running in cold, dry weather can really take a toll on your skin. Even after all the layers come off and you jump in the shower just to get the body heat back, the damage is already done. Between putting on lotion before and after, moisturizing body wash and gentle face cleansers, it's going to get ugly! The elements of the winter attack you and all is dry and cracked. Now you look like the who done it and why! What do you do? Head back to the dreadmill? Hell no! You get makeup!
I love drug store makeup. My goal was to always find good cheap bargains that worked just as well as the expensive brand. NYX brand is amazing. I found it from Ru Paul's drag race and it stays on better than most. Now my complexion would be known as pasty. I've even used eyeshadow to cover up blemishes before because I'm so fair. It's actually kind of sad. Because of the dry conditions I've broken out like a 12 years tween. So now every morning I put on makeup like those girls on YouTube. I wake up as a crater faced monster and go to work a painted lady. Now I always forget to to off my makeup before my run. By the end I look like a watercolor portrait. So now I have to find some makeup to hold up to outdoor running. Nars seems to be the winner for most stage dancers so I might give that a try. MAC doesn't seem to hold up. NYX I'll probably try some more. 
Hopefully I'll find a brand that will hold up to the test and make me look like a 31 year old instead of someone going through puberty! 106 days until Paris and no one wants l to look bad in a city known for it's beauty!

No comments:

Post a Comment