Smoking and winning

Smoking and winning

Sunday, December 28, 2014

What would a sub 3 hour marathon take?


The title of this post says that maybe I've lost my mind! I've been looking at training programs, trying to up my game and I looked at some programs for a sub 3 hour marathon. I read about a guy who ran his first in 4:05 then ran Chicago in 2:57. He mapped out his program and I thought "I could totally do that program but could I get his results?" I'm not sure if I'm capable of that kind of speed for a whole marathon but I could give it a shot. I mean go big or go home, right?
Most of these programs talk about healthy eating, well that's really not a problem. It's all about the training. Lots of articles claim run less with more intensity. All of the sub 3 hour programs say run more miles. It's really all about building your endurance. To be able to run those splits for 26.2 means you have to keep it up. It means double long runs, longer medium runs and no short runs. Basically running 300+ miles per month. This also means I'm going to be at nike town once a month! It's definitely hard core and could definitely push you to the point of insanity. Truth is this program could be my best plan to get a Boston qualifying time. It also could get me a serious training injury! Is it worth it? Plus all of these articles are posed towards guys. Is it possible for a recreational female to achieve this? It's biological, girls are slower. It's just our bodies. No need for me to feel like it's sexist. Dumb boys always win:(. 
I've got 4 months and the guy I read about did this in that exact time frame. If this program could shave off 16 minutes from my best I would be one of the few to qualify for just about any race I want. You never know what your capable unless you try, trust me I know! I tried double long runs this week and will try again this week. Start 2015 with a nutty program... Why the f$&k not. 104 days to Paris and time for this slow fat girl to get it together!! Maybe a sub 3 hour.. Probably not but maybe under 3:30 would be amazaballs!!

No comments:

Post a Comment